basically a month

Wow. 4 weeks ago, I stepped on to a plane, not knowing where I was gonna land. Of course I knew, that my flight was gonna land in Alicante, but I didn't know, where I, as a Person, was gonna land.
I've been preparing for this experience ever since October 2016. In December I found out that I was going to Spain. ( to the quietening of my parents because my 2nd choice was Colombia ;)
Ever since the day of the application I've been looking forward to my exchange. I imagined how it was gonna be like all the time. I planned everything in my head. But I never knew, that your most beautiful fantasies could be even more beautiful.
That is what I experienced when I got here. I was overwhelmed by everything. I knew that I was going to Spain since December, but I didn't know what awaited me there.
The feeling of being able to call this City, this Country my home, is a true privilege.
I cannot even start to describe how much I love this country and everything it has to offer. I've only been here for 4 weeks, but Santa Ana (Cartagena) already feels like my hometown. Santa Ana is the place, where so many people, I can now call my friends, live. Where part of my Family lives. And I honestly couldn't be happier here.
Of course I miss my friends and Family from Switzerland a lot. And when I say a lot, I mean a lot. A few daily examples when I miss my friends in particular (they will understand) : whenever I take a mirrorselfie, when I see something related to ballet or dance, when I drink herbal tea ( tee extra no) or when I see people feeling the texture of an Avocado.
I do miss them, a whole lot. But I also know, that they know, that I feel amazing here. That I couldn't have been placed in a better city. And knowing, that they know that I'm fine, calms me down a lot.
It's not easy for a 15 year old girl to leave everything she's known for all her life behind. But that's exactly what I wanted. That's what I've been preparing for. And it's way more amazing, than I could've ever imagined.

Buenas noches
Charlotte

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

CYR

3 weeks

neustart